If you are looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable speaker at your next writer’s group meeting, organization event, panel discussion or national conference, Annette is available to speak on several writing and publishing related topics.
Annette welcomes requests for interviews and expert guest appearances on internet, satellite and traditional radio, and television.
“Annette’s presentation style and contagious enthusiasm engage the attendees. Her information is relevant, her use of technology is pertinent, and she conveys all with an enthusiasm that is motivational and inspirational. She is a must-see!” ~ Barri Bumgarner, Publicity Chair, Missouri Writer’s Guild
The Hungry Writer’s Guide to Tracking and Capturing a Literary Agent
- How to find exactly the right agent for your material. (No, it’s not the Writer’s Market or Jeff Herman’s Guide.)
- Inside secrets of how to successfully pitch an agent at a conference in under one minute.
- The best way to craft a query letter that piques an agent’s interest.
- Discover the right and wrong things to say when you have your first conversation with an agent.
Book Marketing 101 (fiction and nonfiction)
- Supercharge your book website and blog
- Harness word-of-mouth marketing using social networking
- Reach your audience through blog tours, podcasts/vidcasts, blog talk radio, book groups, and more…
So, You Want to Write a Memoir…
- Autobiography or memoir—which is best for your story?
- How to make your story have universal appeal.
- Techniques for getting your memories onto the page.
Freelance Writing: How to Write Query Letters Magazine Editors Will Love
- Learn how to craft a compelling hook.
- Discover the three crucial elements in a successful query letter.
- Decoding the secrets behind submission guidelines.
Choosing the Right Publishing Model for Your Book
- Learn the differences between traditional, independent, co-op, subsidy/vanity, and self-publishing.
- Discover the pros and cons of each publishing model.
- Action steps for pursuing each model.
Self-Editing for Publication
- Discover the #1 resource you should have at your fingertips.
- Step-by-step details of the Top 10 editing passes your manuscript needs before you sent it to an agent.
- How to hire the right freelance editor for your project (when you don’t want to do it yourself).
You Can Have More Than Fries with That: Creative Writing Career Options for English Majors (and People Who Love the Written Word)
- An introduction to feature film and television screenwriting, fiction/nonfiction books, freelance writing for print and online magazines, ghostwriting, copywriting, and editing.